The Memorial Tower on the Northwest Arm was dedicated: “. . . Halifax welcomed His Royal Highness Prince Arthur, the Duke of Connaught, the first royal Governor General of Canada, to officially dedicate the Memorial Tower. . . . ceremoniously delivered the 1908 title deeds for Sir Sandford Fleming Park to Mayor F.P. Bligh.” On April 16, 1908, an Act of Government established the Sir Sandford Fleming Park (called the Dingle), as a gift from Sir Sandford to the City of Halifax. (Also see Fleming, July 22, 1915.). (Photo: The Dingle (Memorial) Tower. Halifax’s Northwest Arm, Heather Watts and Michele Raymond).