The Royal Hotel in Wolfville was badly damaged by a fire, but was later rebuilt and “furnished with all the modern conveniences of electric light, bells, hot and cold bath.” By 1927, its name was changed to the Evangeline Inn, costing four dollars for a room, or twenty-five dollars per week. By the 1940s, the inn was leased by Acadia university to serve as a men’s residence for men returning from the war. In the summer of 1960, the inn was torn down and replaced by an Irving service station. The station was later removed and a town-clock park opened on the property.