Haliburton Museum opened in Windsor. Formerly known as the Clifton House, the former residence of noted nineteenth century author and judge Thomas Chandler Haliburton was constructed in 1837. He lived there with his wife, Louisa Neville, and their seven children (three had died in their first years) till he was widowed in 1841. He moved to England in 1856. Now known as the Haliburton House, it was the first Historic House Museum in Nova Scotia. (Photo: Halliburton Museum/Clifton House, Windsor, N.S.. Tourism Nova Scotia).