The St. John’s Anglican Church in Lunenburg was destroyed by fire. The historic church (completed in
1763) was rebuilt from donations from across the country and around the world. It was reopened on June
12, 2005. The church had been designated a National Historic Site in October, 1998. Canada’s oldest Presbyterian (St. Andrew’s, 1754) and Lutheran (Zion’s, 1772) churches were also in Lunenburg. (First photo: The St. John’s Anglican Church after the fire, November 2, 2001. The South Shore Genealogical Society. Second photo: The rebuilt St. John’s Anglican Church, 2012. The South Shore Genealogical Society.)