Visual artist Marguerite Zwicker died in Halifax. She was born in Yarmouth in 1904 and studied at the Nova Scotia College of Art. She later taught painting at Acadia University, and married fellow artist Leroy Zwicker (1906–1987). In 1957 they took over Zwicker’s Gallery, the oldest gallery in Halifax (founded in 1886). Until the establishment of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and the university art galleries in the 1970s, their gallery was the only venue in Halifax where art was regularly shown to the public. (First Painting: Peggy’s Cove, by Marguerite Zwicker. Zwicker’s Gallery. Second painting: Halifax Dartmouth Bridge, by LeRoy Zwicker. The Artists’ Halifax, Mora Dianne O’Neill.)